Bags of Plenty is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting www.bagsofplenty.co.uk, you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Bags of Plenty, Kineton, Cheltenham, GL54 5UG, United Kingdom.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us.
o You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site www.bagsofplenty.co.uk (our site) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, place an order on our site, and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number [or financial and credit card information]. Registration is free with no obligation to purchase goods and entitles you to receive information and selected benefits.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
o technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
o information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we receive from other sources.
o We are working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers) and may receive information about you from them.
IP ADDRESSES AND COOKIES
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Where a password enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential and you should not share this password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site and hence any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures to try to prevent unauthorised access.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
o To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and where necessary, to contact you to verify details prior to shipping goods to you;
o To send you our product information or provide you with information regarding special offers and new ranges that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you. If you are a new customer, we will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. We do not sell or disclose information to any third parties, whether in the UK or overseas, for marketing purposes;
o To notify you about changes to our service; and
o To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
o To store information about your preferences, and allow us to develop our site according to your individual interests;
o To speed up your searches;
o To recognise you when you return to our site;
o As part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure; and
o To improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer.
- Information we receive from other sources.
o We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may us this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Bags of Plenty Ltd or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions of supply; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Bags of Plenty Ltd our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you before collecting your data if we intend to use your data for such purposes. You can exercise the right at any time by contacting email@example.com
Our site may contain links to and from the websites of our partners, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that they have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.